I'd like to get rid of it, as well as the following stuff, because I'm really running out space in my office.
The second batch is a much larger set.
I'm asking for $3000CAD presently, but I'm willing to listen to all offers.
I'd like to be able to get rid of most of it as one bit lot.
It all works 100% - I've personally tested it under Linux, and I've had it demonstrated to me under Solaris. If you're set on buying this still, I can see about arranging a demonstration.
If you were to buy the switch, both arrays and the interconnect cable, with at least 2 controllers, you've have a fully redundant setup for your systems, with 650Gb of raw space.
If you want to leave out some of the controllers, I'm willing to make a deal as well.
Alternatively, if you are interested in an individual item here, I've included some prices.
- Fibre-Channel Switch
Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 8-EL
8x 1Gbit FC ports
Compaq P/N #177615-001
Includes license keys for Base, Web, Zoning and Entry Fabric.
- Sun StorEdge T3 (2 units)
9x 36Gb 10000RPM drives.
Includes Media Converter for SC fibre ($100-$150 value).
[$1100 each seperately]
- Sun StorEdge T3 Interlink cable pair (for redundancy)
- Sun FC Hub
(Rebranded Vixel Intralink 1000)
Fully loaded with 7x 1Gbit GBIC, SC connectors.
- Emulex LP7000 FC controller (2 units)
[$75 each seperately]
- Qlogic QLA2200F FC controller
- Qlogic QLA2100F FC controller
- Fibre-Optic Cable. 10 ft. Duplex SC connector. (5 units).
[$10 each seperately]
Pickup only - I can't arrange delivery! This stuff is heavy!
Either comment here, or look at my livejournal profile for one of my email addresses.
I'm selling a Sun StorEdge A5000 FibreChannel disk array.
- 22x 9.1Gb 10000RPM Seagate Cheetah drives, hot-swappable
- Redudant power suppliess (3 total, needs at least 2 to run all 22 drives)
- Capable of 200Mbyte/sec full-duplex transfer (100Mbyte/sec up/down).
- 2x FibreChannel ports (upgradable to 4 ports, you just need to buy two more GBICs).
- In rack-mounting sled. Sorry, I don't have the table-top plastic fittings for it.
Weight is 60kg (130lbs) - For ease of moving it, you can remove the modules (22 drives, 3 power supplies, 2 fan units) and move all of those and the chassis seperately.
Electrical - Draws 6.6A @ 110V.
So you can use it, I'll also throw in
- Qlogic QLA2100F FibreChannel controller, 64-bit/66Mhz PCI, but works in regular 32-bit/33Mhz PCI slots (at half speed).
- 10ft single-mode fibre optic cable - you could go 0.5km with single-mode cable if you bought a longer cable, or up to 10km if you buy a multi-mode GBIC and that much fibre.
I'd like $800 Canadian for it, and you'll have to come and pick it up (Vancouver, around 35th and Fraser).
Present eBay pricing for this is $740+($90 shipping)+($200 for QLA2100F controller) = $1030.
If $800 is too much, make me an offer.
The unit will be available as of March 16th (I'm using it for a project right now, but after that it needs to go).